I really did mean to post all about this weekend. But I was so busy working that the day got away from me. Then all of a sudden it was time to go to the chiropractor. Then as soon as I was back from that I jumped into helping the young woman set up New Beginnings. The cute shirt project she was giving as a handout was not going well and she was frantically trying to get it done. So, her mom and I went to the church and set up.
As I was laying in bed this morning I had some cute decorating ideas but didn't want to intrude on anything she had going on. It was definitely inspiration though because she didn't have time to get to any of it. We started a little late, which is completely normal. All five of our girls were there and each told how one of the values could help them to be the girl of their dreams. Then I spoke briefly about the Personal Progress program and the Bishop spoke not so briefly about our 2008 YW theme: Steadfast & Immovable (Mosiah 5:15). We finished up with a slide show that one of the other girls had done as her project. She did a good job other than the slides moved along so slowly that it dragged on and on. I ended up standing in the back when I just couldn't sit anymore. We finished up with some refreshments...not that cute decorated cake she had planned but cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries. All in all it went great and she pulled it off. I am really glad to have that done.
I am in charge of the activity next Tuesday and after that I plan on quietly bowing out of young woman's. I will also be planning the March and April activities, so that they will include things that the young woman can cross off but I don't plan on actually attending or being in charge. I intend to plan all three activities this week and turn two of them over to the YW presidency. I will continue to check with the young woman until she has completed her program but that mainly consists of spending a few minutes with her every week to check on her progress. And so I feel that my time in the young woman's is coming to an end. I think when the relief outweighs any sadness it is time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(193)
-
▼
February
(22)
- My Thursday Night Addiction
- Nesting at 38 Weeks
- Odds & Ends
- Church, Work, Midwife & YW's
- My Friend Mara
- Haircut
- Baddaddy and the Belt
- 37 Weeks
- Bla!
- Baby Shower
- YW New Beginnings
- 36 Weeks
- Valentine
- Precious Moments Blanket
- Midwife & Chiro
- Rantings
- The Week
- Chiropractor
- Bad Day
- Collage
- Glider!
- Homemade Bread
-
▼
February
(22)
Labels
- Shots (8)
About Me
- Kara
- I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.
2 comments:
Glad to hear the New Beginnings went fairly well. You are really hanging in there 'til the very end, aren't you!? I admire you for that. When I was 8 months along with Princess, my hips hurt so bad I couldn't even sit on the piano bench to play in RS, so I asked them to release me. I'm kindof a wimp that way. :S
I'm sure they'll miss having such a dedicated, organized, clever, and creative person in their program. I know I would miss you!!! (because I'm really not that clever, or creative...)
I see your countdown is at 23 days. Maybe it's just that time drags so freakishly slow for me, but I almost can't believe it's that close! I'm sure you can, though!
Wishing you added strength and support and courage as those last few weeks slowly tick off! ;) (And it's still okay to cry whenever you need to!! LOL)
I'm so glad it went well. It's impressive that you had backup plans to cover where things went short - you have been really great with this calling!
Post a Comment