Friday, February 29, 2008

My Thursday Night Addiction

Some time ago when the frustration of not sleeping was getting to me I began flipping channels and found that the late night food shows are a blast to watch. Although I have been sleeping fairly well lately I still stay up Thursday nights to watch my two favorite shows: Iron Chef America and Ace of Cakes.

For all those who are new to Iron Chef this is a one-hour cook-off between a challenger and one of the five Iron Chefs. There is always a secret ingredient which each of at least five meals have to include. Thankfully not quite so over dramatic as the original Iron Chef but with the same fun rush of cooking. My favorite was when the secret ingredient was chocolate. I have seen fish, quail, rabbit, soups, and all kinds of desserts made with all different kinds of chocolate.

Ace of Cakes is about this punk and his wacky staff who make cakes of any and all designs. Not only is it intriguing to see how they make these cakes, but I am amazed by the cake requests they receive. Last night they made a gum ball machine cake, a scrabble cake & a slot machine cake. All completely edible.

I have found that I do actually sleep better when going to bed later. Maybe I just get so worn out that I fall immediately to sleep and wake up fewer times throughout the night. So, for anyone staying up late at night, join me on the Food Network for some cooking fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both Iron Chef shows! I do like Alton and the judges on Iron Chef America better.

Ally said...

Lauren keeps trying to get me to watch the Food Network and all those shows!

I haven't followed through yet. :( But I do love to watch those cake decorating contests they have! I've always wanted to decorate cakes.

It sounds like I might like that cakes show...

I'm surprised you get ANY sleep at how far along you are! For me, at that stage, I was always up every 20 minutes it seemed, going to the bathroom!

Cami Sue said...

I love Iron Chef and keep begging Dragon to put some of it to good use but I don't think I would like some of the dishes so he doesn't attempt it. I would like to see the cake one though.....maybe I'll have to stay up late one night.

Dragon Pearl said...

No cami sue you will not stay up late and watch "Ace of Cakes" we are losing weight remember?

I love the Iron Chef show and really like Alton Brown so I watch "Good Eats" each evening.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.