Monday I headed to the office as usual to meet with the bosses. However, the discussion was far from the usual. They are seriously concerned with their finances and are having to consider what to do with their employees. Namely me and the foreman. As I pay all their bills and track all the accounting I am well aware of the struggles they are currently experiencing. Although I was caught off guard, I was not actually surprised.
They had decided that it was necessary to let the foreman go. Mainly because they are both capable of doing his job. As for me...I am a bit harder to consider letting go as they would have great difficulty doing my job. I will be taking a few weeks off when the baby is born and had hoped that would be with pay, but due to the finances that will not be the case. Luckily we have some savings to pick up the slack. It was the plan too cut back my hours after the baby is born, and now looks like that will be not only for my sake but for theirs. I have already budgeted for this change, but not working at all is not an option and I don't know where else I would find a job that would allow me to work from home. Hopefully, these changes will be enough to get through a tough time.
They mentioned that they are not at all concerned about me being able to pick up the slack after a few weeks being gone. They are however concerned about changing my financial status just as I am having a baby. I too am quite concerned about that. I really don't want to worry about it right now and think that for the time being things will be fine. But I do feel that things were left a little undecided and that for the next little while the job security I thought I had is on shaky ground.
Tuesday, after a quick trip to the chiropractor I headed to the midwifes office. I gained another 4 pounds and am measuring 36 centimeters. The midwife mentioned that first time moms tend to go to there due dates or over and that she will be scheduling a 42 week induction date. She said that in 12 years she can count on one hand the number of times that has actually happened. She said it seems that just by scheduling it gives the body a boost to do it on its own. Although I have no plans to be induced at this point I doubt I will have any objections at 42 weeks.Despite being totally exhausted and having many contractions I managed to pull off a nice Personal Progress activity. I had recipes for homemade bread and had the girls (4 of our 5 were in attendance) make the bread. Then while it was rising we read several scriptures about knowledge and took notes.
We had a really good discussion. I had a loaf of bread already made and we snacked on it. They all seemed to enjoy it and were able to cross off a few experiences. It was a very successful activity, but truthfully I am just relieved to have it done.

2 comments:
I'm sure the world won't end if you miss a few weeks of church. ;) Besides, you're down to the last few weeks anyway! It's not that big of a deal to miss, I don't think. (Then again, I may be just as big a 'heathen' as you are!!)
I'm sorry to hear about the troubles at work. :( And I sure hope that things will work out to where you can still work for them after the baby's born - at least the hours you need to make ends meet. That's a tough position to be in, for all of you, and I'll be praying that things work out FOR YOU AND J.
Good job on the YW activity! I'm glad there are still some YW programs that are actually trying to pass on essential skills like that to the young women! I think in today's world, they're spending too much time just 'having fun' and not learning things they will actually need to be a contributing member of society.
And, oh boy, I sure hope you don't have to go to 42 weeks! I went 41 weeks with Princess, and I was crazily miserable. :S I'm sure it will all work out fine, though. ;)
Hang in there!
I'm with you on the church thing! If I didn't have 5 kids needing the example I'd just quit for the next month. Sacrament meeting is the most I can do right now.
Even tho' I already knew the work situation it sunk in a little more seeing it in print. It offers little comfort but I know things will work out for you. Stay calm - getting worked up just makes it worse and it may not be as bad as you imagine. Who would do your job anyway?? If they want it to still financially work out they need you - and teaching men to do what you do is almost a comical thought :S
Way to go on the YW project. I have been so impressed with all the meaningful and usefull activities you have prepared for them. You are the kind of leader that I want for Erika! She has enough friends at school, she needs good leaders. I know you are ready to move on but I hope you realize the positive impact you have had on the girls during that last couple of years!
Post a Comment