Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Week

I haven't posted much because to me the whole week has just seemed boring. I worked and accomplished much. I had silly requests from my boss to go to the office to get something out of a box. He is at the office every day and not only could I tell him exactly where it is, but it is labeled and he could find it on his own. I was glad that I was without a vehicle so couldn't accommodate him. I think they are a bit too dependent on me sometimes, and have been wondering about addressing it with them.

I have been without a vehicle which is okay most of the time. Baddaddy was sitting in a parking spot and was hit my a woman in a minivan. She looked to see if anyone noticed and would have taken off. So, now our truck needs repaired. Not badly damaged but since we are currently without our car because of an accident it was seriously annoying! How do you hit someone while they are parked??? Serious lack of attention...and then to look to see if anyone noticed...and then they wanted to know if we could not include our insurance. I understand that they don't want there rates to go up, but sadly we can't just trust them to just pay for the repairs.

Wednesday was a "I hate being pregnant and I am never doing this again" day. I think woman actually have a form of insanity. Sure, there is lots of love thrown in there, but honestly to go through everything being pregnant and giving birth...and then how quickly do we all say, "Oh, lets do that again." So, tell me all you woman...how soon after giving birth were you ready to do it again? I am not in any way mocking. It was just a bad day and I think we are amazing as woman to ever do it in the first place...let alone do it again, when we are very aware of what we are getting ourselves in for.

Thursday was a bit better although I had a total emotional moment over something pretty silly. I worked on organizing my recipe book. And I met with the new camp leader and gave her all kinds of information and copies of my files. I am a little sad to not be involved with camp this year but I know as soon as the baby comes I will be grateful that I don't have more on my plate.

Friday was great! I felt good, I was energized and motivated. So I got lots of work done and made bread. Somewhere in there though I really hurt my wrist and it has been bothering me ever since.

Saturday was really low key. We went to Walmart and picked up a lot of little items I have been thinking of getting to better organize my office and my life. Baddaddy was great to just wander around with me and give me ideas. Unfortunately, we got home to discover that two of the items were broken by the cashier who casually tossed them into the bag. So a return trip is already necessary.

The highlight of my day (and my week) was receiving a package from my littlest sister. She gave me this beautiful, fun, fuzzy blanket which I love!

It made me just want to cuddle my little boy.
This will be going to the hospital with us.

She also sent me a bunch of baby gowns and tiny little socks that her boy didn't use. It sure comes in handy to have sisters (and sisters-in-law) who have many baby things they are willing to pass on to me. I loved getting the package and having fun things for my baby. I can't wait to dress him and hold him and feed him and everything him. Not just because I am tired of being pregnant, but because I am so excited to have a baby!!!

Today, I made it through two hours of church before the hip and wrist pain brought me to tears and I gave up and went home. Young Woman's was all right and then we had a leadership meeting during Sunday School. The new camp leader had several questions and again as we talked there was some sadness for me. But the other leaders mentioned that I could go and not have any responsibilities. It was then I realized that they expect that I will attend some part of camp. Happy thought to me! The baby will 6 months old and even if I just go up for a day or for an evening...I won't have to do anything but show up.

3 comments:

Mike Harrison said...

Yeah, your littlest sister is definitely my favorite! She rocks.

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it but I was still on the delivery room table after Joe was born when I said "Oh Evan he is so cute. Let's have another one". I must say that I had much easier pregnancies than my daughters have had though at least the first ones. I was just meant to be the mother of 11 (working towards perfection) children.

Ally said...

What a week! I'm sorry to hear about your wrist - I hope it gets feeling better. And, though I know it feels neverending at this point, I hope your hips don't bother you too much. I think that was my least favorite part about pregnancy - the hip spreading! I still hate it!!

I can totally believe that someone would hit your car and run. People are just that psycho and insensitive nowdays. It actually depresses me to think about it.

That little blanket is soooo cute! :) I love it!

On the getting pregnant again... I was in no way eager to be pregnant again. But I was almost 31 when we had our first, and I wasn't getting any younger! There are risks to being pregnant when you're older, and I just felt like we needed to get our child-bearing done, if we could - since we got such a late start on our marriage and child-bearing.

I'm so glad we did. We needed some help getting pregnant the first time, but we needed even more help the second time! If we had waited much longer, I have a strange feeling that it may have been completely impossible, rather than just nearly impossible. Sometimes, when people have infertility treatments, it makes it easier to get pregnant after that. Not for us. Our bodies went from bad to worse in the baby-producing departments - both of us!

So, while I would have GLADLY put off being pregnant for another couple of years, I knew I wanted another baby/babies, but I didn't think it was wise for us to wait. Yes, I do consider myself insane for going through it again that soon after.

Especially the carrying twins part! Just call me 'the essence of insanity!' (ha, ha) :D

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.