Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Midwife & Chiro

After writing yesterday's post at midnight I attempted to go to bed. And as I was laying there still awake at 1:00 I began again to panic. Why is it that late at night when I am so tired, everything is so much more dramatic and scary? I couldn't stop thinking about having to go back to work. After much praying I finally fell asleep.

And what a difference morning makes. I feel calm and confident again. And as I mentioned yesterday...I am not without some power. I realized that I can make a decision of how much I am willing to compromise and regardless of what they think they want...what they don't want and won't do is risk losing me.

I had a midwife appointment today. I gained three pounds and 2 centimeters of belly. She was feeling to see his position and said that he is a long baby and that he is taking up every bit of space that he can. Everything is looking great and I have all my appointments scheduled. Including one the week after my due date. Her thinking is that it is a lot more fun to cancel those appointments than to have to call and make the appointment.

I also went to the chiropractor. He adjusted my wrist and it is feeling so much better. I stopped to pick up a few groceries and that was about it for me. I have been very tired today. I have so many things I want to do before this weekend. I am so excited for the shower! But first I need to clean my house. Seriously, I have to mop the floor. And clean the bathroom. Since, I have to go into the office again on Thursday that leaves tomorrow and Friday to clean this house a little bit. Hopefully one of those days will be a high energy day.

3 comments:

Kate said...

As I was thinking about you cleaning the house I remembered how absolutely miserable cleaning the bathroom is when you are pregnant. The rest of the cleaning always seemed doable to me, but scrubbing the bathrooms was the worst. Maybe you could get Baddaddy to chip in on that one.

KJBBBG said...

I'm really excited for you Kara. Even with all the stuff you have to do just remember that you are strong and can handle it.

Ally said...

I hope you're not cleaning your house just for a bunch of your sisters (and sisters-in-law) to come over!!

I know if I were 8 months pregnant and having my sisters over and the house weren't exactly clean (which I'm sure yours is all the time anyway!), I'd tell them to suck it up and deal with it! LOL :D

I think I've actually done that....

Anyway. Good luck getting everything done that you need to, and even some of the things that you WANT to! Just don't do too much.

We could all clean the house for you while we're there on Saturday.....? (well, those who aren't pregnant, of course) ;)

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.