I love going to the chiropractor! He does strange and wonderful things to my hips that make walking so much easier. How different today was. I didn't have to go anywhere. In fact, my boss came to me. We chatted for about an hour and I think it made him more comfortable to be able to see where I do all the work. That I have an actual office and I take calls and get things done. We talked a little bit about after the baby is born. Just enough that I know they don't have a clue what they are going to do except muddle through. Most likely they will tell people that they can't do certain things because I am out. I would actually prefer that to starting back to a huge mess. I will be taking some time off except for one thing...tracking their money. I don't trust them to do it, and they are honest enough to admit that they shouldn't be trusted to not make a huge mess of things.I went to Young Woman's where we decorated sugar cookies. They went out to "heart attack" homes and leave cookies. I declined to do that part...too much effort. I met with the Young Woman who is in charge of New Beginnings and she has a theme and ideas at least. Still unorganized and I am really having to work to let her do things without taking over. She picked the theme of "Girl of Your Dreams" and wanted to have everyone come in their pajamas. I had to veto that idea as it is a dress up event with parents invited.
She has a really cute idea for a gift for each of the girls. She wants to get each one a pajama shirt and have the 2008 "Steadfast and Immovable" theme printed on it along with a picture of all the girls. We only have 5 girls total so it may be doable, but she wasn't really thinking about the cost. I suggested to her that she find out first and let me know.
This week she is supposed to write a skit, prepare her talk, check on shirts and make invitations. She also wants each girl to do a part of the skit so will talk to them. Unfortunately two of our girls are semi-inactive, so we never even know if they will be there. They are more likely to go if she has talked to them and they know they have a specific part. I hope this all comes together.

4 comments:
Ooooooh. I sooo admire you for working with the Young Women. :S I'm not sure I have enough patience for that sort of responsibility. I was a pretty serious-minded teenager, so I'm not sympathetic to all the girly-girl, prissy, or mean girl stuff about being a teenager.
I'm sure they're not that bad. Maybe it's just that I'm jealous because my childhood was kindof swiped out from under me.
Then again, I'm sure if you ask J or some of my family, they'll probably eagerly tell you all the silly, goofy things I did throughout the years, that I've so conveniently 'forgotten about.' ;D
(In fact, you should NOT, I repeat, NOT talk to J. Whatever you do, DO NOT talk to J about how goofy I am! or was!)
Oh, who cares, like you don't already know.... :S
But I do hope the New Beginnings goes well, that in spite of 'the loose ends' it will all come together. :)
You are so wonderful to work with this girl. I wholeheartedly agree with Magirk - I do not have the patience for all that girly-drama stuff. I hold in high admiration those who work with the young women.
I'm glad your boss felt better seeing where your office set up is - and what a great setup you have! I don't think my boss/husband is too comforted by the current look of my office but things still manage to get done so when I get out of this 5x7 corner and have a real office he should have a little more confidence in his office manager :)
Sorry - I can't take your recommendation for a chiropractor. I can't see myself enjoying an appt with a man who does "strange and wonderful" things to my hips. But hey, you have fun with that!
Congrats on the chiropractor. I think my chiropractor is one of my favorite people - because he can do strange and wonderful things that make me feel better that no one else can do.
It must be hard wondering how you are going to handle work and a baby. With your history with the company though I bet it's a good feeling to know what the future holds.
I love Young Women. I think the hardest part is pulling them back down to earth and making them take in the full picture. She sounds like she has a lot of good ideas and I'm sure you are tired of pulling her back down to earth but I know that it will help her in the future. I'm kinda the person that just "gets along" with the girls because the other leaders just don't seem to have the "patience". Ben says I start to act like them when I am around the Young Women and I like it. I feel young again and don't worry about all the responsibilities I have. Good job working with her.
Post a Comment