Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Kind of a crazy week. Monday night we kept cousin Logan for a few hours which is always fun for Max. Tuesday we had planned to go to Ally's for dinner with the family but decided to stay home because of the "blizzard." Hard to know after the fact whether it would have been fine to travel after all, but either way I was sorry to miss it. Wednesday night we had a visit from Maury and his girls. They a spent a few hours at our house and it was fun to spend time with them. After they left I made the fudge for the dinner the next day. Thanksgiving dinner was at James' Mom's house as usual. We had put Max down for an early nap and had to wake him up to go and were still late. Dinner and company was good as always.

Max was up several times during the night so Friday morning I just felt thrashed. After a nap I caught my second wing and managed to clean the kitchen, put plastic on Max's window, do a big grocery shopping trip and make the prism salad for Saturday dinner. Saturday morning Max and I headed to Kate's for a day and dinner with family. James had a horrible cold so stayed at home. We arrived at around 11:30 and after letting Max play for a bit I put him down for a nap. Dinner was great and after laying down for a bit all the girls (Mom, Kate, Jessica, Lucia and I) decided to go to Hobbie Lobbie. Max was having a hard time and since he was the only kid without a Dad to watch/entertain him he came with us. What a great wandering store! I enjoyed a few minutes chat with Jessica as we wandered. Unfortunately I felt like I was coming down with James' cold so was low on energy and decided to head home. we made it home just in time for bedtime. Max had said several times, "Go to Maxi's house?" but seemed to enjoy playing with his cousins. Still I think he needed some down-time at his house before heading right to bed. He woke up about midnight wanting to play with his trains and was pretty hysterical. It took quite a while to get him settled back down to bed. I got very little sleep that night and was really feeling the cold so Sunday morning I just went to Relief Society to play the music. I really enjoyed the lesson on Elder Uctdorf's talk about basics.

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.