Max watches so much TV. Before getting pregnant I really worked at limiting his TV watching by playing outside and doing inside activities. Now I just find myself letting him watch as much as he wants while feeling a bit guilty about it. I admit I am grateful for the TV.
The weather was nice again and I really wanted to take him outside. But I could hardly work up the energy to take a shower and I just couldn't get us outside. I have had more energy as I start my second trimester but the headaches still manage to wipe me out.
I laid on my bed for awhile after my shower trying to work up the energy to do something with Max. I finally just sat and cuddled with him while we watched yet another episode of Curious George. I called Kimber and had a good cry. And she was great to help me calm down, She reminded me that I am building a baby and that takes 100% of me and helped me to realize that Max will be OK; he is loved, fed and happy and won't remember anything about this time. He won't remember how much TV he watched, he will just know that he has a sibling to play with.
Mostly I recognize that this is a very different time in our lives. I am not the normal ME that is able to do what I do as a Mom when I am not pregnant. That is something I am working to accept. I can still be a good Mom to Max while at the same time remembering that much of my energy is going to build a sibling for him. And it is OK if for several months we do things differently that I would like, and differently than my ideal. I look forward to when the new baby is here and we have found our new routine and I have figured out how to be a Mom to two of them. And then the things that are important like prayers, scriptures, outside time, brushing teeth, limited TV time, etc will be again a part of the norm rather than the things I struggle to stay on top of.
James picks up so much of the slack. He is a GREAT dad! And he is so good to me. Especially when I am pregnant. Maybe because I need more care and help when I am pregnant. I am so grateful for him!!! And I have a great little boy! He is so sweet; even in the terrible twos. He is so smart; smarter than we can take credit for...he knows his alphabet, his numbers up to 20, his basic colors, basic shapes, his body parts, has a great vocabulary, speaks in full sentences and constantly amazes me with the new things he learns and does. So, maybe a little too much TV for a few months won't be such a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
Labels
- Shots (8)
About Me
- Kara
- I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment