Saturday, November 27, 2010

Better Find Daddy

James loves to put Max to bed but in order to do that I usually have to disappear because he will ask for "Mommy's turn." When he can't find me he accepts Dad and they have a good time cuddling, squirming, laughing, singing and reading stories. One night after they had finished the routine and James had headed downstairs I heard Max's door open and went to see what he was doing out of bed. He peeked out the door and we had the following conversation.

Max: "Hi Mom."
Mom: "Hi Max, what are you doing up?"
Max: "Waiting for Daddy."
Mom: "Daddy went downstairs, I don't think he is coming."
Max: (Taking my hand) "Better go find him."
Mom: "Can Mommy have a turn?"
Max: "No, better find Daddy."

I just had to laugh at the cuteness of it. And James, who happened to overhear it on the monitor had a good laugh as well. Max did finally concede to allowing Mommy to have a turn with a bit of cuddling and then went back to bed. Even at nap time, which is my turn for cuddling, squirming, stories and songs, he has started to ask for "Daddy's turn."

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.