I found this cute costume in a magazine and had everything I needed to make it at home. I hoped it would be easier for Max since it was just basically clothes. He doesn't like to play dress up.

He fought it at first trying to pull it off and kept saying, "Take it off, take it off." We showed him in the mirror and counted the cars and got him calmed down but mostly he just wanted to take it off. Once I got it on him he wore it just fine. We went to a costume birthday party and he had fun running around in it.

On Halloween we went Trunk-or-treating with his cousins Logan and Korben. Max had a blast going from vehicle to vehicle getting candy and running to show Daddy what he got. He even learned to say "Trick-or-Treat" and was great about saying "Thank you."
Afterwards we went back to Kate's house, let the boys play for awhile then put them to bed and watched "Young Frankenstein." It was a pretty fun Halloween!
(I picked up a prescription that morning for my headaches. Unfortunately it acted like a sleeping pill and completely knocked me out. I was so tired for the rest of the day. Because we had plans with Kate and I wanted Max to be able to wear his costume and go Trunk-or-treating with his cousins I dragged myself out and about. I am really glad I did. It was a fun night.)
1 comment:
I love that top picture of Max. I'm glad you guys came even though it had been a rough day. We don't see you enough.
Post a Comment