I had a bunch of stuff to take into the house so took Max in first and sat him by the door in his car seat. Jessica's brother Jared immediately got him out of the car seat and started to play with him. I thought Max would cry but he took to Jared right off.
I didn't actually hold Max for the next two hours as Jessica's siblings took turns holding and playing with him. He was hesitant with Grandma and Grandpa but sure liked her family. And it did make things easier for me. Wish I could have them around all the time!
Jared stuck around playing with Max and Hyrum for most of the shower.It seemed just a bit awkward at first, as it always is with people who don't know each other. But once everyone got into playing Baby Bunko we loosened up and had a great time. I think every first time Mom should have a baby shower and I was glad that we could do one for Jess. As we were leaving we hung out for a few moments looking at Jessica's quilts. She is amazing! So talented! I am thinking of hiring her to make me a quiet book and a quilt.
After the shower we hung out at Mom's for a couple of hours. I felt like I was coming down with something and was so tired. I tried to take a nap but Max wasn't having it. Kimber and I got talking and somehow Erika ended up coming home with me for the week. It wasn't planned so she didn't have any of her stuff but we will manage. She definitely helped keep me awake on the way home and I can certainly use her help. I have a nanny for a week!

5 comments:
You did an awesome job on the shower! All thoses little extra's made it so visually fun.
The "Kylee's Piggy Bank" went over very well! Great job Kara!!
Thank you so, so, so much for doing her shower on such short notice. I'm glad it all went well and that you had a good time(I'm really sad I wasn't there :(
What is the "Kylee's Piggy Bank"?
You did a great job pulling the shower together and it was fun. I actually finally played Bunco the right way ;)
THANK YOU!!!
the shower was great and everyone had a blast. I too was a little worried about the turn out and last minute but it worked out great. Thank you
You did such a great job and I was so glad I could make it. Everything seemed to go so calm and smooth. It was fun and I think you showed Jessica's family a good time (of course we all had a good time but that is expected of us Fullmer girls).
Great Job!
Post a Comment