Sunday, June 14, 2009

Visit to Kimber's

A fun trip filled with exercise, good food, good conversation, little sleep, new T-shirts, new exercise equipment, ideas, inspirations, motivations and recipes. I arrived Sunday evening and spent most of the night trying to keep Max asleep. Max slept very little while we were there which made the days a little blurry but I still had a great time.

It was fun to have the little boys together again.

It was interesting to be a part of Kimber's day. To watch as things start with the relative quiet and calm of two little boys until the pre-teen and teenagers arrive home in a whirlwind of chaotic energy and noise. To watch all the children want so much from her without recognizing or acknowledging how much she does for them. It made me so thankful for my mother and sad to realize that I did the same thing to her when I was young. How sad that children never really recognize or appreciate all that their parents do for them until the moment that the thank you would have really meant something is long past.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

You describe my days so well!

We need to get together again now that Hyrum is walking as well. Hope Max can keep up cause Hyrum mostly runs.

Cute pictures . . . can you send me the ones that you have of them together? I don't have any of them playing at the piano.

~*Autumn*~ said...

This looked like so much fun. The boys are so cute together. It's true about what you don't see as a teenager who is caught up in the fast-paced social world of school and friends. But I think the thank yous seem to be appreciated even if they are late in being said. They have more empathy behind them when we're older.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.