Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shattered Glass

Monday I kept hearing a cracking noise and wandered all over the house until I figured out what it was. The glass on our deck door was cracking; spiderwebbing over the whole thing. It lasted all day until it came crashing down, spreading glass all over the kitchen and deck. James' spent half an hour sweeping it up and trying to break it all off the door. If you can tell at all in the picture there are still little glass shards in the door that we can't get out. Glass pieces keep falling out so Max is not allowed in the kitchen these days as we try to make sure there is not glass on the floor. It is a two-pane door so it is not open to the outside but it will take a week and $500 to fix.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate unexpected expences. Our fridge broke and it costed us $500 to fix. The stupid thing is half of that was labor and the guy was here 30 minutes

Kimber said...

Not fun - and totally weird for it to just give out like that. I hate it when glass gets all over because it is so hard to make sure you get everything. And when you think you've got it all, you step on more.

Good Luck! and sorry about the $500 - I'm sure there are plenty of other things you'd like to do with that!

Kate said...

I'm glad that you had warning though...can you imagine if Max had been by it when it crashed??

Sorry about the $500. That stinks!

Donya said...

Whoa! That's a bit scary! Glad everyone is ok.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.