Last night I was having a sugar craving. I was racking my brain for what I could snack on (because I intentionally don't keep stuff in the house) when I realized that I have graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows. Individually not that yummy, but put them together...So I decided to try nuking smores. The end result was not really very good, but we laughed so hard as we watched the marshmallows puff up, realized that graham crackers burn in the microwave and chocolate chips are not the same as a Hershey bar. All in all, I enjoyed the good laugh much more than the sugar.

3 comments:
I think it was Derek that figured out that marshmallows will puff up huge in the microwave - and yes, he had a good laugh at it, until he had to clean the microwave.
HeHe, I admit I have tried this as well. Next time, put a marshmallow on a fork and you can toast it over a burner (the boys and I used to do this ALL the time). Just make sure it's a long fork so your fingers don't get burned. :D
Then, if you melt the chocolate in a pan and pour it on top of the graham and stick it in the fridge for a second, it works pretty well too.
Smores...sooo good. Actually works better if you pop them in the oven at 200 degrees for a few minutes. I bet the microwave is waaaay more entertaining though.
Post a Comment