Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gallbladder Surgery

After 18 months of gallbladder attacks I finally had my gallbladder removed on Wednesday Oct 28th.

Mom spent a few days with us and she was such a lifesaver! She got up with Max so many times during the night and even spent an hour playing trains with him at 3 in the morning. The surgery was quick and pretty minor. Mom and I were at the hospital at 6:30 am and home by 11:30. I slept most of the first two days and I am very grateful for pain pills. I ate very little and threw most of it up. The ward brought in dinner for the first few days, which is always helpful and I am excited about getting recipes for new meals. A week later I have four little incisions which are a bit sore and I tire easily but I am mostly back to normal. I am so grateful that I will never have a gallbladder attack again!

4 comments:

Ally said...

Glad to hear your getting back to normal. Best wishes for your continued recovery and healing. ;-)

Ally said...

You're not your, that is. Sheesh! (in my defense, I am weirdly ill this week) ;-)

Donya said...

Surgery? What the hay? I'm so out of the loop with your life, it's sad and pathetic. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I tried calling you the other day and realized after some strange guy called me back, that I hadn't erased your old phone number out of my cell. I'll just have to try again with your correct number. Love you and miss you and sending positive, happy, recovery thoughts your way.

Donya said...

Should let you know the MODERATOR comment is from me, Donya. :)

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.