After the shower Mom rode with me to Jessica's house where I met Kimber. I left my car in Pocatello and rode with Kimber to her house. We arrived there late so Max didn't get to bed until about 10:00. Sunday morning he and I slept in while Kimber and her family went to church. Kimber came home for us and we went to RS and nursery. It was Max's first time going to nursery and he did great. As soon as he saw a big truck to play with he ignored me completely. We hadn't seen any of the family the night before so it was cute when both Hyrum and Nathan came over to say hi. RS was uplifting and enjoyable. We stayed until Tuesday. Max had a great time playing with cousins and I had a great time hanging out with Kimber and her family. Justin played piano with Max, Justin, Derek and Max played trains, Erika, Justin and Max played tractors, Max and Nathan watched Monsters Inc and Hyrum and Max tormented Harrison and played in the cat food.

This was one of my favorite moments...

Sunday we modge podged bottles to make the cute lanterns. We all thought we were doing a lame job and they turned out so cute. I actually said to myself at one point, "Korben did this, stop being such a perfectionist and have fun!" And I did.

Also on Sunday was my first time ever carving a pumpkin. I had to have Erika cut the top of the pumpkin because I am so squeamish of knives but I did all the rest myself...cleaning guts and all. It turned out so cute and was a real work out on the shoulders. It is hard work!

Kimber and I had Monday to ourselves when the kids went to school. It was nice to have a little time with just her...well, just her and the three little boys. I got several folder games from her that I hope to make while I am recovering. It was fun to be there for FHE, especially to see the boys sew plastic canvas squares for blocks. It was a fun trip and I enjoyed it all! Thanks Kimber and Co.
The drive home was pretty uneventful. Max played with his tractors for the first part of the trip, held his own bottle (this really is a huge deal) and I only turned on Monsters for the last hour. I arrived home Tuesday in time to unpack, do laundry and spend a bit of time with James before heading to the hospital the next morning for surgery.
1 comment:
I love your little monster pumpkin...I picked up that pattern on the after Halloween sale, and I bet we will be doing it in the future.
I laughed when you told me about the Korben comment...I felt the same way when we were making the lanterns, but they really did turn out super cute.
I was a little jealous reading this post (and the one before). Most of the time I am totally A-OK with living away from family, but when I read all the fun things that you are doing as sisters I get just a tad sad. I can't wait to see everyone next week!
Post a Comment