Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ouch

It was a pretty rough day. I went into work for an 8:00 meeting. Which was OK until I got chewed out a bit by my boss. He is the nicest guy even when he is trying to chew me out. But it just reminded me of my responsibilities and how much I have been dropping the ball lately. I do the bare minimum and it just isn't enough. Even though I later found out that what had happened was not because of something I had not done; it didn't change the fact that I have been slacking.

It was a small thing that for some reason affected the rest of the day. I am struggling so much with time and the amount of things I need to cram into that time. It seems that if I concentrate on doing well in one area then another suffers...so I end up doing a just barely ok job in all areas. Usually the one thing that I feel pretty good about is being Max's mom. But today my confidence struggled even in that...I felt disconnected from him and unsure of how to handle the things that are normally just come naturally.

And then I saw this...
The big old scratch on the side of his face just made me cry. I have thought so many times that I need to cut his fingernails and I just didn't get to it.

I cried periodically throughout the day. I don't even really know why. When I look back over the day there really wasn't anything wrong. Maybe just hormones. Maybe just me still trying to find a balance.

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.