Monday, August 18, 2008

Girl Shirts & Music

I tried on 39 shirts at DI today. After shopping with Mom & Kimber on Saturday and finding absolutely nothing I decided I was going about it all wrong. All I wear right now are T-shirts, mostly James' T-shirts which are really not flattering. Also, they tend to be in dark colors and just not look feminine. I rarely see anyone other than James and Max (and the people at Walmart and the bank.) Well, James would be fine if I walked around naked and Max looks at my clothes as a landing pad for spit-up. So, all I really need are some T-shirts to get me through the rest of the summer. (I have hoodies for fall and winter, which I am really looking forward to.) So, I tried on a ton of t-shirts and came home with eight. Girl shirts, in light colors with feminine embellishments. A big part of the shopping experience was not trying to hide the belly, but trying to look cute with the belly. I am really working hard to stand up straight and love my belly. Thanks for all the encouragement and perspective Mom & Kimber!

At DI I also picked up three music CD's. I took a chance but figured the few dollars it cost might be worth it. And it was. I now have a fun collection of kids songs. We listened to them with Max and as James and I sang along he really seemed to enjoy himself.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

Congrats on the shirts! Thanks for the weekend - I had a great time!!

mom said...

Good job finding something to wear. I like your description of what the boys would like :) Men huh!! Thanks for such a great time and for the skirt and shirt.

Ally said...

Some days, it makes the difference just to put on a little color with a shape that's more feminine than just a big box t-shirt. At least for me - with double the crap launched my way! ;-D

And if I may make a recommendation on the children's music....

Laurie Berkner is the best, hands down. Stuff you can tolerate as an adult (and even jam along with!), and oh so much fun for the kids. ;-)

Kate said...

I'm glad you found something that makes you feel good. It wasn't until after Logan that I actually felt good about myself in clothes because I quit feeling sorry for myself and simply found clothes that made me look the best I could at the time. Kudos to you for figuring that out on your first kid. :)

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.