Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Book Group

The book was Saving Levi by Lisa Misraje Bentley. It is the very sad and moving story of a little boy who is burned over nearly his entire body and left to die. It is written by his now mother about all of the miracles of saving his life and of adopting him. The hardest part for me was holding my 3 month old baby imaging his little body in such pain in horror. I cried as I held him and thanked the Lord for my perfect little boy.

The evening was fun. I didn't know what to expect so was a little annoyed when we spend very little time on the book. Most of the time was spent talking about pregnancy, labor, and birth stories. I would only consider myself acquaintances with most of them and as I am not a big talker I spent most of the time just listening.

However, when it everyone was leaving Tiffany walked me home and we stood at the corner and talked for an hour. I really enjoy her and wish that we could hang out more. We just both have such busy lives. I will continue to go to book group for two reasons...first it gets me to read a book, second it is a social activity and a chance to hang out with Tiffany.

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.