Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Monday Meeting

Yesterday was my first time back into the office. We tried to have a meeting last week at my house but the guys failed entirely at that...putting it off until Tuesday, then Wednesday and so forth. I told them that the meeting would have to be late afternoon so James was home from work and could stay with Max. So at 3:00 I showed up to the office and we had an actual meeting. I managed to keep them mostly on track, with only minor tangents. I think because they are also anxious to get home the meetings will not go on and on and on. We went through everything and I was able to get a really good handle on what is going on. We finished up around 5:00. I think future meetings will be shorter.

Afterwards I stopped to get water and then picked up groceries at Walmart. I won't be doing that again. Bad time to go shopping; it took forever to get through the line. All in all I got back home at 7:00 and had been gone for 5 hours. I missed my little guy terribly and was only okay because he was with his daddy. I called right after leaving the office to see if everything was going okay or if I should head home. Of course everything was okay. James is so good with him.

It was the longest I have been away from my Max since he was born. The experience made me think about women who have to go back to work and put their children in daycare. I can't imagine doing that...I have a hard time thinking of leaving him with friends or family, let alone a stranger. It reminded me of how blessed I am to be able to work from home.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

Five hours is a long time! You must have been so ready to feed him :D

It's great that you can work your schedule with James. I too can't imagine going to work right now and love working from home. We really are blessed!

Getting caught up?? What's that?

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.