As far as graduations go it wasn't bad. Mostly I just didn't get to sit and listen. The cheering scared Max and it seemed that they cheered at everything. So I spent most of it in the hall trying to calm him. I caught my elbow on the door hinge and scratched it up. My wrists were hurting. I was tired. And frazzled. I stayed until Jared walked across stage and then left. Mom was great! I wanted to support Jared and was trying to decide whether to stay or go. She told me to go. I think she could see how emotional I was (probably picked up on that from all the crying.) It was a relief to get in the car and get on the way. I arrived at Kimber's around 11:00. Max slept most of the way getting restless about 20 minutes out. I sang to him and he did okay until the last five minutes. At that point I just wanted to get there so kept going. She had moved her boys so I could have the room with the bed and crib. We talked for a bit and then to bed.Thursday was a tough day for me. Traveling and graduation took more of a toll than I realized. I woke up feeling pretty miserable with a headache, backache, tail bone ache and wrist pain. By late afternoon I was feeling better and Kimber and I were able to wander all over her house. We took pictures with Logan before Kata left...the three youngest grand-children. It is amazing the difference four months makes. It was fun to take pictures of Max and Hyrum and to see how different they are.

Kimber and I went into Idaho Falls for an afternoon. Kimber left Hyrum with Erika, but we took Max figuring that leaving Erika with two 2-month old babies was a little much. I was wearing my wrist braces and Kimber was great to take over caring Max. We did some shopping and I actually found a few items that make me feel less unattractive. We also had a nice lunch at Wingers. As always the time flew and although we didn't do much but hang out and be Moms, it was great to see each other and to see each other's new little boys.
Kimber and I managed to get a picture together of us and our little boys. The two of them are so different.
The ride home didn't go nearly as smoothly as the ride there. Max cried and cried until I finally pulled over on some road in Malad. He seemed desperate to eat but kept jumping around as he did. And then, he threw up everything all over him and me and cried hysterically while I cleaned us both up. I changed my shirt but had to ride home in my wet and sticky pants. It was a great trip, but as always I was relieved to arrive home.

No comments:
Post a Comment