Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to Work

I am supposed to still be on maternity leave. Unfortunately, they can't survive without me. Although I am not back to work full time (or the part time I will be working,) the draws wait for no new mother. Since the boss is scared to do them on his own and the loans are maturing at the end of the week, it could not be put off any longer. So, this week I am supposedly only doing the draws. But, since this is actually one of the largest tasks I do in my job, it actually means a lot of work for me. I spent a few hours this morning and another few hours this evening working on the finances and the draws.

It was tiring for sure, but I am so grateful for the things that made it possible. First, that my little boy slept for 9 hours straight last night! I got the first 8 hours of sleep in a row that I have had in months. Second, his Daddy is great at taking care of him. I decided that I would get the most important draw done tonight so J could fax it from his work in the morning. (Another life saver as I don't have to go anywhere to fax.) Well, I finished the first, but it really works better to do the draws in two batches since they go to the same two banks. So, I checked on the boys and found them slumbering peacefully on the couch together; little Max asleep on his Daddy's chest. I managed to finish the other two draws, take a bath and write this post. It has been a long day. I'm hoping for another long night's sleep.

3 comments:

Cami Sue said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you are searching for a routine and working into one. Why don't they have a fax machine at your house?

Good job on keeping your cool when your bosses have to be babysat.

Good job to your son for sleeping through the night.

Ally said...

I'm wondering like Cami, why no fax machine for you...?

9 hours!!?! That is so awesome. :) Sounds like a very forebearing young man. Glad you're getting some good sleep here and there, and hoping you'll get all that you need!

Kate said...

I'm so glad that you have a good sleeper. Both of ours have been that way and it is such a blessing.

Sorry about work. I guess it's good to know that you are needed right?

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.