Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kimber's Visit: Sunday

We skipped church but had a spiritual morning. As we talked we watched bits of several different things...Elder Fausts's talks, CES Firesides. Kimber got ideas for FHE. We talked about the things we should be doing, why we aren't doing them, what we can change. It was so uplifting and motivating. I think we both gained some perspective, a better attitude, a renewed desire to try again. We are good for each other. Non-judgmental. We also don't let the other totally off the hook, but give encouragement, feedback and support.

After she left I laid in bed and read all the cards she has sent me. To actually have in writing some of the things we talk about and feel was amazing. I prayed and cried and thought aloud. I don't want to work and I don't know how to make that happen. J came in and we were able to talk it through. It is really not possible for me to just quit working completely, but there are things I can do to make it easier on myself. I forget that the guys (Donny & Randy) will be flexible and not expect me to stick to a complete schedule. James and I also came up with some scenarios in which I can do most of the work from home. I do feel better about things...I realize there is the part of me that just wants to quit entirely and be taken care of while I take care of the baby, but James and I are not in that situation right now. We will make this work. It will probably be much easier and simpler than I think and as is typical, I am over-thinking it.

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.