Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve Stitches





I hope you don't mind Kata but James told Max that he went and got himself a "Logan Mitt."









James and Maury were sitting at the table talking and I was walking dinner over to the table when we heard the crash. Max had tried to get his step ladder out by himself and fallen onto it. His finger was pinched inbetween the sides and his finger cut by the sharp edge of the slit inside.

There was a lot of blood and a lot of crying and we could tell it needed stitches. Maury put the food away while we were putting shoes and coats on and then we said a very hasty goodbye. (He was heading back to NY.) The bleeding had mostly stopped but I still had a cloth around Max's hand which I held onto for 2 hours so that he wouldn't touch or suck on it. He was actually quite cheerful as we waited and waited and waited. A group of firemen came in and saw him standing there with a bloody rag around his hand. They waved and gave him fire engine stickers which he was excited about. The doctor finally arrived and said it would need three stitches. It was really unpleasant to hold him down and watch as they cleaned, put shots in his little finger and stitched it. I was a little shocked by how rough the doctor was but realized the necessity and was grateful for his ability to unemotionally fix something that I couldn't fix by being gentle.




He slept through the night and this morning he has been very cheerful. He sat and watched his Goodnight Gorilla video and held still while I changed the bandage. It is his favorite video right now...his favorite bedtime story come to life.



Poop Footprints: He probably would have slept longer this morning except for the poop. It was everywhere; on everything; his bedding, his blanket, his puppy dog and all down his legs and onto his socks. I could see everywhere he had stepped because there were little poop footprints on the carpet. I was glad that he wasn't able to use both hands to get the door open so it was contained in his bedroom.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

The new finger picture you added shows it so clearly. Owww! He looks so easy going about it sitting shirtless in his chair :D

~*Autumn*~ said...

Ouch! But he seems to be recovering quite nicely from the accident. And as for the poop thing... yeah, I hope you don't have to live that day over again. lol

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.