Monday, December 21, 2009

Making Chex Treats

James calls he and Max my sous-chefs because they do all the prep work, but I do the actual cooking. Max loves to measure.


Max is sneaking the cereal.


The finished product. These are the Chex treats which Mom made every year for Christmas but they have become an all year round treat at our house. Our cupboard always has boxes of Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Rice Crispies, not that we eat as cereal but so that we can always make these treats. I think it takes too long (translation: I'm lazy) to make them into individual treats so I just spread them out. (Hint: We found that if you put them in a casserole dish the peanut sugar mixture sinks to the bottom, so it is best to lay them out flat.)

Honestly I had forgotten that everyone in the world doesn't have this recipe but I have received requests so here it is...

2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups Rice Crispies
(We also like corn flakes. Just substitute equal amounts of cereal for cereal.)

1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy to your preference.)

On medium heat bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil stirring constantly until smooth. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pour over cereal and mix well. Place on cookie sheet, spoon into individual treats or into muffin cups. (Spray pan or cups)

5 comments:

Kimber said...

I crave these every time they come up in our conversations and now you are blogging pictures!!!

I give in . . . FHE treat tonight :D

Kate said...

I avoid those like the plaque because I can eat a whole pan in one sitting. :D

I love how Max has his tongue out while he is measuring. And in the middle picture he looks SO grown up...with an attitude and everything. :D

mom said...

I made four batches of these to send to family and friends--I won't tell you how many I ate but it was probably one batch. I just sent the rest and all the rest of the pumpkin and poppyseed breads to work with dad-give the ladies a good start for the Biggest Loser starting in Jan. :D

~*Autumn*~ said...

That looks absolutely AMAZING! Are you going to post the recipe too?!?!? lol *fingers crossed*

Donya said...

Yummy! I'm with Autumn, when are you posting the recipe?

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.