Friday, August 28, 2009

Temple

I was invited to the temple for my friend Mara's endowment session. I arrived there and much to my dismay they told me that it was full. Although I was on the list they wouldn't let me in! Apparently there were two other girls going through for their first time so there was a competing number of lists and it was first come first in. I had given myself what I thought was plenty of time, if only I hadn't gotten lost getting there!

They told me that I could do initiatory and then wait in the celestial room. I was able to stand in the hallway as Mara passed to let her know that I was there but unable to go in. At first I went into the bathroom and had a quick moment of crying and feeling sorry for myself. But then as I went on to do initiatory I felt that the Lord was giving me exactly what I needed at that moment. I had recently been to a session with my youngest brother but it had been some time since I was in the Temple for just initiatory. I was reminded again how beautiful the wording, blessings and promises truly are. Hearing those blessings, I felt a peace and calmness that has alluded me for some time. There were things that I very much needed to hear and to be reminded of.

The women workers were so wonderful. I did not realize that it is one of the smaller temples that doesn't rent clothing but they found me a dress so that I could wait in the Celestial Room. I think sometimes that is really what we want to be able to do; just walk into the temple and sit in that beautiful peaceful room. What I initially felt heartbroken over turned into a peaceful and reassuring visit.

Afterwards I went with Mara to her parent's house for dinner. It was great to catch up and spend time with her. We are the kind of friends who have very different lives and don't see much of each other. Mara said it perfectly when she said, "I realize that you love me dearly and I love you dearly and eventually we will touch base."

1 comment:

Cami Sue said...

Which Temple was that? That's cool that you got to do something but sad that you couldn't go through the session with her. That would be awesome to be able to go and sit in the Celestial Room even not having done a session. That's cool that Mara got to go through the Temple.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.