Saturday, August 22, 2009

Max's Words

Max said "slide" today. We were playing at the park and we asked him if he wanted to go down the slide and he repeated it. I know that he talks, but it was one of the clearest things he has said and it made me think of all the things he can say. Up to date, he says "Hi, bye, Dad, Mom, no, bawl (bottle), awa (water), saw (sock), os (cheerios), oast (toast), oos (shoes), pup (his puppydog) da (dog), cime (climb), iger (tiger) and side (outside)." He says "HA" when he gets what he wants, "mm?" when he is asking and "ooh!" when he is excited. He is very good at communicating what he wants. He will take our hand to lead us around. His zoo video has a section that shows the alphabet one at a time, which I say out loud. The other day he started to mimic me, not with the right sounds, but saying a sound one at a time.

He must be cutting some teeth because he sucks or chews on his puppydogs' ears all the time, refuses to eat anything and will only take a bottle. He gets very upset when I try to feed him anything and points to the counter, saying "Bawl" over and over. He has never held the bottle himself. He will pick it up to bring it to me but is insistent that I hold it for him. He loves toast and it and sweet potato puffs are the only things he will still eat. (Except of course, his dad's pop tarts and Oreos. Why is it that he will still eat all the food that isn't good for him?)

1 comment:

~*Autumn*~ said...

That's awesome Kara! I know that you don't realize how much they say until it hits you one day and you wonder when they learned it or when they first said it was. Thank you for catching us up on him. :)

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.