I hate my bathroom. Always have. Kimber saw a show with a bathroom very similar to mine and told me about some of the simple, inexpensive changes they made. One of those, as odd as it may sound, was painting the cabinets black. After thinking about it for long enough that I was annoying myself I just did it. I took Max to Lowes, picked up paint and did the prep work and the first coat while he was sleeping.
Before....

After...
I really like it! The black covers up so many flaws and it doesn't look so cheap. I also took out the nasty flowery contact paper and put in the nice, calm green color. I like it but it has also made me want to do the rest of the room. So, soon, this will also be a before picture. I plan on painting the walls (after a good scrubbing that is,) hemming the curtains and putting some type of frame around the huge mirror.

6 comments:
It looks awesome! I love home projects- especially when they are affordable. What a great and inexpensive way to make something look new. I'm excited to see the "finished" finished product. :D
Kara!
Fantastic! What a night and day difference; the black is so stunning! Who'd have thought black paint would make such a facelift?!
I chuckled aloud when I read "I hate my bathroom. Always have," because I feel the same way about ours. There are just odd eclectic elements that don't fit together. Like the random 1930s cottage cheesy texture on our walls that starts from the waist down, or the cheap $25 vanity from the '80s.
So just today I was standing in our bathroom thinking to myself, "I wonder if I could paint the walls a robin's egg blue by myself to surprise Matt before he comes home on Sunday?"
I almost convinced myself that if I asked my mom to come help watch the kids on Thursday or Friday I could do it. We'll see. Would you be annoyed if I followed suit and copied you by trying the black paint trick to my vanity?
What a lift it gave to yours. How fun to shake the hum drums up a bit by making a few simple changes. I can't waiat to see your entire bathroom finished off. So exciting!
I'll check back in a few days to see if you've posted anything new!
-Emily
Such a good job! So proud of you. What a difference it makes. You da woman!
That's awesome that you were able to do it with little expense and to make it feel so much better. Such an independent woman! You are amazing!
Good job Kara! I love the bathroom! I can't believe you did that all by yourself! It looks so much more crisp and clean in the after shots. :) Great transformation!
A can of paint does wonders! I'm so glad you like it. I was worried that you wouldn't and would still have to do more. I wish it didn't take so much arranging (and driving) to come and help you finish it up. I love projects like that! You get to paint around the toilet tho' - not my favorite :)
Post a Comment