Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunbeams

After my third week of Sunbeams I am feeling better about the class. The second week only the little boy was there and it gave me a good chance to get to know him one-on-one. I got a pretty good sense of his personality and the things that hold his attention.




I have two little music books that you push the buttons to play the songs. One books has I am a Child of God, I Love To see the Temple, Follow the Prophet, I Hope They Call Me on a Mission, I Am Like a Star, When We're Helping.








The other book has Jesus Once Was a Little Child, Tell Me the Stories of Jesus, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, I'm Trying to Be like Jesus, I Feel My Savior's Love & When He Comes Again. Well, he loves these books. We sang the songs over and over. Then while he was coloring he repeated after me the First Article of Faith several times.





This week both kids were there and class went very well. Unfortunately sharing time and music time are more of a struggle. The music leader is not good at interacting with the kids, especially the really little ones. So I spend the last 20 minutes of primary trying to keep the two very restless kids contained, because there is nothing holding their interest and certainly nothing that is helping them learn the songs. I have noticed that the music leader and sometimes even the person doing sharing time just kind of ignore the front row.

Next week I am in charge of Sharing Time which I admit I am really not excited for. I would have liked to had more time in Primary before jumping into that. But I didn't say no. The lady who plans the schedule noticed that she had put me in January and apologized in that way that you can sense they really don't want to redo it and even though I really didn't want to do it so soon, I just said yes. I know it won't be that hard. I guess I just don't want to do it. But I will go and do.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Good Luck with Sharing Time! You're right, it won't be hard and hey, you'll have it done and not have to worry about it. You'll do great!

Kate said...

Just think...you won't have to do it again for a really long time. Hey, where can I get those books? I think they would really help Korben and maybe after knowing a few more songs than "I am a child of God" he will sit still more in primary.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.