Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Christmas vacation was great fun this year! The best part was having James home for two weeks. I wish he never had to go back to work. He really spoiled me this year. A few weeks before Christmas he gave me a nano ipod for my audiobooks. I was having to delete so much music from my other ipod in order to make room for the books so he decided not to wait until Christmas. It is so cool! It is tiny and just has books on it.

Christmas Eve we watched our traditional Charlie Brown Christmas and Love Actually. And ate too much sugar. I am really going to rethink the sugar next year. I am still doing some things that were traditions in my home growing up (like stocking candy) and we are just finding things that work for us. I like my fudge and James' likes his chocolate chip cookies. Simple as that.

It is so much fun to have Max around...gives us adults excuses to be silly and childlike, although he was totally cranky on Christmas. Christmas morning we made a yummy big breakfast and ate on our new snoopy dishes. Then we took some pictures, most of which were accidentally deleted. James gave me a digital frame, which the sneaky bugger had me fill a memory card for a few days earlier. Gave me some line about using it for work or something but that I would be so much better at picking the best pictures of Max. It sits in my office where I can see it while I am working, or blogging.

We got Max a rocking horse a few weeks before Christmas. Really, we just happened to see it and decided we had to have it. Max likes it although he is still timid about it.


He loves books and Grandma gave him a bunch of new books to chew on. He also enjoys having them read to him. We love the Where is My Teddy book and I was excited to realize that we actually have the next Teddy book: My Bear Friend.

Thanks so much Grandma!

I found these scripture story book & CD at the dollar store and put them in Max's stocking. I won't let him chew on them, so they are no good to him right now, but it will be a fun way to have scripture time when he is a bit older. I had so many more pictures of Christmas; our stockings and some really cute pictures of our little family. James and I were in red Santa hats and Max had reindeer ears. I have thought about getting the hats and reindeer ears out of the Christmas box to re-take the pictures and I just might. Of course, the pictures won't be in front of the Christmas tree but I'm not putting that back up.

To sum up: We had a really great Christmas. (And now, the struggle to get back into the schedule is in full swing.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I remember when we had 2 weeks off and were so excited to get back to real life by the end of it...I should have been more grateful for those days cuz it sure didn't happen this year. :(

What a fun Christmas! I would probably take the pictures again, but I am photo happy - the more the better.

Kimber said...

I love the little horse! Max looks so grown up on it.

Books, books, books. Do our kids have any choice but to love them?

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.