Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Furnace

Our furnace stopped working last night and the house was freezing! We have a baby monitor that alerts us if the temperature drops too low. I was very abruptly awaken by the alarm and was distressed to find a distinct lack of hot air. After putting a space heater in Max's room and putting another layer of clothes on him I actually enjoyed throwing an extra blanket on and snuggling down to sleep in the cold air. I like sleeping that way, although I was reminded of how cold it is to get up to go to the bathroom. And I worried all night about Max being warm enough.

Max and I spent the morning closed in my office with a little space heater. When we got bored of that we wandered around WalMart for 2 hours. Finally, they came this afternoon and after a few hours and $600 we have a working furnace again. I am so thankful for heat! (And thankful for the savings that is there for exactly such unexpected and necessary repairs.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

That has happened to us a few times in different places we have lived. I agree that it is nice to sleep in a cold room, but the worry for your child doesn't really make it worth it. Glad it's fixed!

mom said...

Gowing up in a cold house makes you tough :D and also really makes you appreciate a warm house. Glad it was all fixable. Someday (sigh)

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.