Max had an appointment for shots this morning. At our last appointment the Pediatrician had wanted to give him the flu shot. I told him that we would like to research it and discuss it first. He has always been great about never pushing us and supporting us on what we decide. James and I read in our vaccine book about the shot and decided that we would go ahead with it. However, when I got to the appointment I was feeling really uneasy about it. I checked to make sure that the shot was the one without mercury but they didn't have any without. Because of the mercury and because flu season is over March I decided against the shot. I felt so much better once I had made that decision and we went ahead with his HIB shot. I know there is so much talk and controversy about the shots but ultimately I am trying to be educated and to follow my intuitions as his mother.
Notes: HIB shot in right leg. No bruising. Just a bit cranky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
Labels
- Shots (8)
About Me
- Kara
- I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.
1 comment:
That's cool that you are educating yourself on what to get and what not to get. I think so many of us feel that the doctors know what they are talking about and just rely on them. I recently watched the history of the polio virus and in one strain of the vaccine the virus wasn't dead so it gave those children polio. It was worse than if the children hadn't gotten the vaccine. I'm not saying vaccines are bad - just that you did right by following you "intuition" or the spirit in making such an important decision for your little guy.
Post a Comment