Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Teething, Grooming & Working

Teething: A few days ago Max started to fuss much more than normal. As he is such a chill kid, that still wasn't a whole lot of fussing, just abnormal for him. He was drooling like crazy, gnawing on his little hands and refusing to eat. He is only three months old so it took me all day long to figure out what was going on. I think I can see two little white spots where teeth are trying to come in, but James can't see them. I still wonder if I am reading all the signs wrong...so much of this parenting thing is guesswork. But since using Orajel calms him I figure that must be it. Except last night. I don't know if it was just really sensitive or if he got some in his throat or if he just didn't like it (I have noticed he really doesn't like the flavor). I wanted him to be able to sleep and not be uncomfortable, but after giving it to him he cried inconsolably for half an hour until he wore himself out. So of course I cried and felt bad. (Any tips on how to help them through teething would be greatly appreciated.)

Grooming: I have recently realized that I am grooming for two. Yup, took me this long to catch on. It is hard enough to get a shower and get dressed myself plus remembering things like clipping my fingernails and toenails. And here I am doing it for another little person. And the nice gouge on Max's nose lets me know that I waited too long to cut his fingernails.

Working: I am feeling so overwhelmed. So much to do. I have realized my biggest issue getting the work done is that I just want to take care of the important things (Max) but that I still have to take care of the necessary things (work.) And even though in the long run the important things are all that matter and the piles of paperwork will just disintegrate, they still have to be done in a timely fashion. So here I sit, Max sleeping in his swing, knowing I should get to the piles but also feeling that it is important for me to record and express some of the things going on in my life. And now my boss just called to see if I could come out to the office to notarize and meet with his father-in-law. So I need to pack up myself and the little boy (both of which are still in pajamas) and get us to work. The only reason I don't mind is that his father-in-law just sold his business and is bored out of his mind and wants projects...so I get to hand over two of my least favorite work things to him and not have to worry about them anymore. Yippee for me.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

Grooming? What's that? It seems vaguely familiar from maybe, oh, 16 years ago.

Yea, it's nearly impossible for both (or all of us) to be dolled up and ready for public appearance at the same time. Church is about the only time that we all look put together and even then I notice fingernails that should have been cut (or cleaned!!) or hair that is rediculously long or socks that have holes. And did anyone brush their teeth?

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.