Thursday, September 10, 2009

Can a Mom really ever do nothing?

I don't want to do anything today. I haven't wanted to do anything since I got out of bed this morning. I was feeling like I was doing nothing and feeling just a bit guilty about it. Then I thought about my morning and all of the nothing that I did...I showered, changed and dressed Max, made breakfast for Max and I, took Max on a walk, took Max for a bike ride retracing the walk in hopes of finding a lost shoe, made a bottle, changed a diaper, played blocks, played with musical instruments, read stories, made lunch, cleaned lunch off the floor, did the dishes, washed the bottles, pushed Max around the house on his fire-truck, ran around the house with Max and his popper noise-makers, changed another diaper, made another bottle, rocked and sang a very content little boy to sleep.

I didn't do countless of other things that are still there to do which just makes me wonder how I ever fit those things in. Oh yea. Nap time. I am going to ignore all of those things, make myself some lunch...and see if I can figure out how to do nothing.

5 comments:

Kimber said...

When you figure out how to do nothing will you please pass that info on? I have been trying for days/weeks/years now to do nothing and manage to always have a day similar to the one you described.

At least doing "nothing" you got alot of important time in with Max.

Jessica said...

Im with Kim when you figure out how to do nothing let me know. I cant even go to the bathroom alone.

Johnny Snaks said...

well doing nothing....

I used to have this down pat but it seems to have eluded me.

oh yeah. Go on a seven month deployment. Stay on a base, play lots of indiana jones lego. repeat the last step over and over and...well you get the point.

Kate said...

I've found the key to doing nothing is leave the kids behind and go somewhere...like on a cruise...it's the perfect combo of nothings and somethings all wrapped up in one.

Daily nothings? There is no such thing, but it's a fun thought.

mom said...

Yet we get to the end of the day and don't feel that we have contributed to life because we can't measure what we have done in our "nothings". Max is more than worth all that.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.