I love fudge! It is easy to make, is so yummy and can be frozen. I cut it up into small size portions and only grab that when I am craving it instead of eating a whole pan. I had a batch last me two and half months. But, alas I have none in my freezer. I have been craving fudge all week. But we try to limit our sugar splurges to the weekend so I refrained. I didn't make fudge. Every day I thought about it and then stopped myself. I felt such self-control, such mastery over myself and my cravings.
Just tonight I realized what I have done. I snacked all week on things that normally hold no appeal to me; thing that are in the house because James like them; things like cheap chocolate covered peanuts and graham crackers with icing. I don't even like them but I was eating them...all trying to stave off my fudge craving for just a few days. Duh!
Instead of eating something that I truly enjoy (and is so rich that I don't eat a ton of it at once) I snacked on stuff that I really don't even like and kept stuffing my face with because it couldn't satisfy the craving. But hey, I made it to Friday without making fudge. And probably gained 10 pounds just because of all the crap I ate.
So tomorrow I may not even get out of my pajamas. I have only one thing planned for the day. How pathetic am I.
Marshmallow creme + cocoa squares + sugar + butter + evaporated milk = FUDGE!
Next time...I'm just gonna make the fudge already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Background
Blog Archive
Labels
- Shots (8)
About Me
- Kara
- I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.
3 comments:
Hahaha! You had me laughing with this one. I totally relate to that warped sense of self control and ignorance of the reality. I agree, just make the fudge!
I'd make some myself but you totally win that self control battle cause I can't ever get it in the freezer. I do eat the whole pan, sometimes before it even sets up. It only works if I go to Kara's house and she sends home 2 squares of it with me. So, instead of making fudge, I should go to Kara's!
You are HILARIOUS! I know exactly what you mean though. Extra points for you for attempting to stick with your goals. :)
Love that you tend to do what I notice myself doing at points! No female is immune to cravings, but I'm glad that you were able to feel empowered by staving off the craving for a while! :) P.S. You look great in that apron photo if I didn't say so before!
Post a Comment