Wednesday, November 19, 2008

John's Cards

While laying in bed one night I suddenly had the idea to make John a deck of cards using family pictures. He had just sent out an email asking for pictures to take with him when he deployed and I thought it would be a fun way to give him lots of family pictures. It only took me nine months to finish. Sorry for the long wait John.

My first step was to find a cool deck of Marine cards. This deck was perfect. I also gave John a regular deck which has all of the ranks on the cards.


Here are pictures of the final finished project.

Over several months I collected pictures from emails, Picassa Albums and Blogs. After collecting and sifting through them I cropped, edited and finally printed them.

While Erika was at my house she was a huge help! It was her idea to put the red on black and black on red and she helped me cut and paste all of the center pieces.

With that done I was able to cut and place all of the pictures, and finally laminate and cut the cards.

It was a quite the undertaking and so much fun! John says he loves it. I only wish I could have given it to him in person to see if the big tough Marine cried. I would have liked it if he cried.

7 comments:

mom said...

I can promise you that he cried. He isn't a Fullmer for nothing--very bad allergies. :)
He told me he loves them. Great job KaraNore

Donya said...

Kara, you did an amazing job, what a brilliant idea and beautifully executed! You da whoa-man!

Kate said...

Oh they are so COOL! I want some! What a fun way to show off our family. Those cards are like a scrapbook of our lives. I love it!

Kimber said...

The pictures don't do them justice. They are so cool to hold and flip through!! Excellent idea!

Cami Sue said...

Sweet idea!

I love how you used a picture of John with a nephew each Ace (they are all nephews aren't they?).

I can't believe you took on such a project. How to figure out which pictures to use since there are probably hundreds of all of our family and only a limited number of cards.

Great Job! I want some :)

Johnny Snaks said...

Cried!!!???
NONSENSE!
That is for...well not Marines. It was MAYBE a little dusty in our shop but absolutely no crying occurred.

Thanks so much Kara Bear. The treats didn't last the night but the cards will go with me on, hopefully, many deployments!

My family is one of the few things I love as much as my beloved Corps.You are all AWESOME!

Ally said...

Great idea, Kara. :-)

And beautifully done.

You're so very creative.

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.