Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 2013

Kara vs. the Pole


I was out shopping; thinking that I had been out too long and was a bit shaky because I needed food. I headed out of the Target parking lot thinking of what to make for dinner. I glanced in my rear view mirror and was momentarily blinded by the sun glare. I was thinking about what to make for dinner and then suddenly there was a horrible noise, crash, a terrible smell and I heard myself screaming. I stopped screaming, looked in the mirror, saw my nose bleeding and screamed again. Then my door opened and a man asked if I was okay. I had driven right into a pole and the air bag had deployed.. A wonderful couple stayed with me for two hours while I called James and my insurance and waited for a tow truck and then they drove me home.

I was very shaken up and my neck hurt but was so very blessed. Blessed that I was alone and the boys weren't with me, blessed that I had my seat belt on, blessed that I was mostly unhurt and blessed that people were in the right place to help me and were so willing to do so. 

(I also called Tiffany to tell her that I would not be able to teach the lesson in YW's the next day. I was looking forward to teaching and was disappointed that I didn't get to give the lesson I had prepared. But I did not feel up to it. During YW's the next day the girls wrote me cards and brought them over to me along with some fuzzy socks.)

(I was also blessed to have a great chiropractor and to have insurance that covered the cost.)

No comments:

Background

Blog Archive

Labels

About Me

My photo
I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I have an amazing husband and an adorable little boy.