Max was asked to give his first primary scripture and prayer.
We chose Mosiah 12:33: "Abinidi said unto them, I Know if ye keep the commandments of God, ye shall be saved."
I wrote the scripture down and read through it with him a few times. He memorized it SO quickly.
His little brain just soaked it up and spit it back out.
We practiced all week long and I had no worries that he would remember the words.
My worry was that he was going to say it so quietly it couldn't be heard or in his crazy robot voice.
We worked on saying it slowly and clearly and in his normal voice and when the time came he did AWESOME!
We all went to primary with him. He sat in front and when it came time he stood right up with his picture of Abinidi. The leaders looked at me to see if I was coming up to stand with him but I stayed sitting down. He glanced at me a little uncertainly and I held up the paper that we had practiced with all week and he jumped right in. He said the scripture loud and clear and you could understand every word. Then without any help he said a prayer that was so sweet and sincere. I cried I was so proud!
The parent sitting next to me (SallyAnne Wakley) said, "You are kidding me!" I smiled even bigger as he ran back to us to give us hugs and high fives. His first ever public speaking and memorization was a huge success!


1 comment:
How Sweet!! I REALLY want to watch the videos but they are marked private :(
Post a Comment